Monday, July 27, 2009

Fighting Bureaucracy Is A Losing Battle

Somehow a week has gone by. I spent last week fighting bureaucracy. I started receiving unemployment, and then it suddenly stopped after a few weeks. They sent a letter requesting information, asked it to be faxed to a certain number. I did all that they asked. I can't seem to find a human being to talk to about this. Number one, why did they stop it suddenly, even before the information was received? Number two, I had to wait three weeks for them to investigate my claim, they approved it--then suddenly stopped it. Can they do that? Number three, why do I have to talk to recordings? Why do my e-mails go unanswered? Why, after waiting on the phone for fifteen minutes after punching in countless numbers at the request of various recordings--am I always disconnected before I can talk to a real person?

Sometimes I wish we had a bribery culture in this country. At least then I would know what was expected. I am very very frustrated. And since I am actually looking for a job, having to spend all this time trying to find out what happened takes up too much time. Perhaps that is what they are hoping, and wish that I would just give up.

Sigh, I can't afford to give up. I hate that I'm in this position.

No comments: